1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kuso, May 11, 2010.

1. kuso

kuso

Feb 25, 2010
    Plymouth, MA
    Found this for sale online, fifty bucks for this and a practice amp. Ad says that it's a "Fender Squier Bass", but nothing else beyond that.

Any ideas?

gZ1y3.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Yep, Bronco for sure

3. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Definitely a Bronco. Nice little basses. Arguably a more faithful reproduction of old Musicmaster basses than the Squier Vista Musicmaster.

They're fun to play, and sound decent enough. A lot of people like to upgrade the pickup to a humbucker, but that comes down to preference. At 50 smackers (with an amp), I say go for it.

4. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    HA ha ha, I saw that! Good save!

5. kuso

kuso

Feb 25, 2010
    Plymouth, MA
    That was quick! Thanks for the info. I was thinking of grabbing it and doing a few mods to it, I'll shoot him an email.

Thanks!

6. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    I think you might be too late. I sent him an email and he said he had two people offering 70 for just the bass. Of course, it is boston CL, so those two people probably already crapped out.

7. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Yeah, your telling me ;)