Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hi guys. Do any of you guys know what 5-stringer this is. It has a thunderbird look but doesnt look like the ones on the website. Is it the older Thunderbird version. Are they made in Korea too and how are they compared to the new Thunderbirds(if these are the older versions).

Thanks

-Edit: Sorry for those confused, its an Epiphone.

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I think I saw one like that in an Epiphone catalogue in 1995. Don't know when they stopped making Thunderbirds with P/J pickup configurations, though. I think it cost roughly 400$ back then, but I might be wrong.

They were definitely made in Korea. My neighbour, who's actually a guitarist, used to own a four-string model, and he said he was quite happy with it.
    Don't ask me why he used to keep it in the basement while he kept his Yamaha TRB 6 in his living room, though. ;)

He eventually sold the sucker when he needed some cash, so it can't have been that great, but then again, I'm biased against Epiphones.