1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what bass sholud i get

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sublime_plyr, Dec 23, 2006.

1. sublime_plyr

sublime_plyr

Dec 23, 2006
    hey guys i just started this account and im looking for a cheap yet functional bass im thinking of an olp but i want to find a warick but that wont happen the price range im looking for is 299 or lower if you guys know where to get a good bass tell me please

spanks and have a merry christmas

2. My most recent purchase was a brand new Squier 70's Modified Jazz Bass from Guitar Center (they are available on Musicians Friend, etc, but I recomend getting at GC so you can have them set it up and you can return it within 30 days if it is a lemon or you dont like it). It cost $291 with tax.
    This is the natural maple finish body, maple neck with (painted on) black block inlays, and Seymour Duncan designed pickups. I had to go to the counter and ask them to order the bass from another store (or from Fender/ Squier) as they weren't going to stock them at my local store. Have them set it up for you as factory set up is pathetic.
    Everyone who hears it or plays it cannot blelieve that it is a Squier and it cost less than $300. It is a poor man's Geddy Lee signature Jazz Bass. I played them side by side and was amazed at the similar tone and playabilty (everyone who shelled out $600+ for there GLJB's are hating me right now).
    Squier also has released a 70's modified P-Bass (white w/black pick guard, rosewood neck, Seymour Duncan P/U) that you might consider too and it is cheaper yet.
    The OLP 4 string is another cheap alternative but I haven't heard one that sounds as great as the Squier.