What bass to get.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wonderland, Nov 20, 2002.

1. wonderland

Nov 20, 2002
    Austin TX
    Hey Everyone!

I apologize if there is already a thread regarding the types of bass to get, but I was unable to find it. If so please direct me there, if not then I am wondering what I should consider getting. I'm very motivated to play the bass, I even found a teacher already. But I'm also extremely ignorant because I've never played and don't really know anything about them, etc. So please help me out and let me know what you guys consider a good bass for a beginner. Thanks so much for the help and info!

2. just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002
    Go to the BASSES forum and post about what type of stuff you want to play, what you're looking for in a bass and stuff like that.

This question has also been asked many times in that forum though, so just reading up might help you.
  3. ESP makes nice basses check into one of them. I have a F204 pretty nice playing and sounging bass IMO.
  4. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    i suggest a Fender MIM Jazz Bass. They're sweet basses for the money.
  5. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Off to Basses.......

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Do a search in this forum. There are vast amounts of information about beginner basses here. Go to your local music store(s). Play everything in your price range that you can get your hands on. Find out which feels comfortable to you. Figure out which ones sound how you want them to sound. Take your time and don't rush it, you will end up being happier with the end results.