what bass was this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by societysfinest, Apr 8, 2003.

1. I recently saw a band called Atreyu play the HOB chicago, and the bassist had a really cool looking bass. But i could not figure out what it was. It was a ESP(LTD) that was a LP shape with the semi-hollowbody type hole closest to him. I looked on the ESP site but i could not find this. I wondered if anyone knew of this bass, or if they have seen one like this custom? thanks
  2. Yeah, there was a review of it in Bass Player Magazine a couple issues ago.
  3. thanks but can someone tell me which model this is? Has anyone heard if this is good or not? i just loved how it looked , and would like to try one out even if its not in my price range.
  4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Assuming it was in fact the one that was reviewed in Bass Player, it is a ESP EC-304 FM. It lists at $799.
  5. thanks again for the reply..but this bass was a semi-hollowbody. That model is a solidbody. I cant find it on any sites
  6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The bass reviewed in Bass Player (Sept. 2002) was a semi-hollowbody, and is listed in the review as an EC-304 FM. It seems like ESP has simply changed their specs.

7. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Yeah, like I said, the ESP EC-304 FM as reviewed in Bass Player is hollow, and it is probably what bass you are looking for. If you want to see for your self, find a back issue of the September 2002 issue of Bass Player, the one where John Entwistle is on the cover playing a "Fender Bird" in a black and white picture.
  8. MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    I didn't know atreyu was in chicago.
  9. Yeah the show rocked. They played with CKY. and escape from earth(who i was not into,)
  10. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    how was CKY? My buddy likes them...
  11. CKYBassist

Nov 28, 2002
    I love CKY, as you can probably tell by my name.
    (yeah i know it's a little off topic)
  12. CKY had a good set. The guitarist was drinking jack daniels and finished about a half bottle or so throughout the set. He also smashed his guitar into about 6 peices and threw theminto the crowd. I really went to the show for Atreyu(my favorite recent day band.)
  13. MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    My brother likes CKY so i bet i'd hate them.