Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Behringer cabs for BX3000T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by x4x, Apr 24, 2004.

1. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    i'm thinking of purchasing a cheap rig and my eye fell on the Behringer BX3000T head.

But what cabs should i use with it? I'm thinking of using the behringer ones, because they are cheap.

So, the amp has 300watts of power.

When i look at the speakers, they range from 600w to even 2400w.
    Lets say i pick the BA810, 8 x 10" with 2000w, will the head be able to keep the pace? I don't know anything about this kind of stuff.

So,, is it a good idea to use one of those 8 x 10 or 4 x 10 cabs, or is it overkill? And whats the difference (in sound) between the classic and aluminium ones?

Also, any suggestion of combination of cabs is MORE than welcome!

Thank you

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If you play 5 string, get a 4ohm 4x10. The Behringer head is loud and efficient! Just treat your gear with TLC.

3. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    I play a 4 string Yamaha RBX774 (active bass)

I was planning on getting a 8 x 10, so that would be overkill?

And what are the best, alu or classic speakers

4. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I don't think the behringer cabs are available yet so I doubt anyone would know the difference in sound. In my opinion the 8x10 would be too much for a 300w amp. It will work but you won't be working the speakers very hard and a lot of speakers don't warm up until you've got a lot of watts going into them. Personally I would get the 4x10. 8x10's are a hassle to take to gigs too.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I agree. The cabs won't be available until the 3rd. quarter of this year so your looking at September or so. Personally, I'd get an Avatar 4x10 cab!

6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

Ask defeldus about the paper cones, i think he has a hartke 410 with them which, aesthetically, are the same as the behringer......

7. Is the avatar ($339) still a good deal compared to the Fender bassman pro 4x10 angled cab ($349 on sale at MF clearance)?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The Avatar can handle probably double the power of the Fender cab!

9. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    I'm thinking of getting a 8 x 10 cab so that i can use it afterwards with an amp with more power. But i'm conserned about how it's going to sound on a 300w amp. And is it healthy do run a 300w amp trough 2000w cabs?

10. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

Yes providing you dont clip the amp, that means dont have all the knobs at 10 and if it sounds bad, it usually is, back off on the volume just a little or try turning the bass frequency's down just a little, they tend to use the most power.....

11. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I wouldn't go for a 4ohm avatar b410. They don't make that good of a stand alone cab you'd need something for the bottem end so I'd suggest an 8ohm.

12. go either for the Avatar 2x12 or 4x10, 4 ohm cabs. Both sound excellent and are a good bang for the buck.

13. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    Avatar isn't available in Europe

And about the 8 x 100 cab, it's not clipping the amp that i'm worried about, it's wheter or not the amp has enough power to fully 'use' such a big cab (with 2000w)