Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What body shape do you prefer - Thumb BO or Thumb NT?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HotTubesGrooves, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Thumb BO

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Thumb NT

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Just curious which people prefer - I cant make up my mind which one I want more! The difference is subtle but there sure is a difference! :ninja:

2. I'm sure they are not totally identical, but I need to look for a moment to spot the difference(s)between the two- so I didn't vote. I imagine there's a more discernable difference in feel, sound & playability from BO to NT. I advise you to add a third option to your poll:Either 'What are you talking about? They look the same to me!', or 'carrots'. :D

3. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I just like the NT's sustain and tone better...

4. This guy didn't vote, either. :meh:Now he can't complain about which one wins!

Edit: Wait, that's silly- how would I know? Nevermind...

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I think they are pretty close, but that should be the least of your worries. There are differences in the way they play fit and sound. Buy the one that is more compatable with you.

6. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Definitely the NT, at least as far as looks are concerned. I don't have much experience playing the BO, so I don't know how the two compare on balance, sustain, sound etc.

7. Another thought:4,5 & 6 strings use slightly different bodies. I once had a normal-spaced 5 & a wide 5; the bodies did not match, nor did their respective pickup locations. More options, please. I would write in wide-neck 6 string body as my favorite, as well as overall best looks for me(bolt-on).