What books are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by bejoyous, Nov 4, 2011.

1. bejoyous

bejoyous

Oct 23, 2005
    London, Ontario
    Related to the "What books are you reading?" thread.

Being a 'road warrior without an expense account', I find listening to music while driving tiring after a rehearsal and often drive without the radio/CD player on.

But I find listening to audiobooks to be a nice way to pass the time while driving to and from gigs.

What audiobooks do you enjoy or recommend?

Right now I am listening to a Horatio Hornblower book. It's an interesting look at the Haitian uprising and the part the British Navy took in it.

2. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    If the Hornblower stuff turns your crank you really, really ought to check out Patrick O'Brian and the Aubrey/Maturin novels. That'll keep you going for at least a year or so. If C.S. Forrester is Louis Jordan, then Patrick O'Brian is Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong and Dizzy Gillespie combined! He is the total master of that genre.

Not sure whether they're on audio or e-book, but they are very popular -- if they aren't now, they will be soon.

3. PaulCannon

PaulCannon

Jan 24, 2002
    Frankfurt, Germany
    NS Design Endorsing Artist
    America: The Audiobook as read by Jon Stewart.

"The Kid Stays in the Picture" by Robert Evans, but only if you want to hear the voice of Satan reading his own memoirs.

4. arketah1

arketah1

May 17, 2013
    Apple Cart written by G.B. Shah.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021