What boss guitar fx do you use with your bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by armybass, Oct 28, 2003.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I have an auto wah that works pretty good and my CE 5 Chorus works pretty dang good for my bass too. Was wondering about flangers and phasers as well?

Thanks Scott
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    THe only Boss effect i have is the ODB-3 overdrive. For christmas i plan on getting more effects, dunno what though. Im planning on maybe some kind of efx pedalboard.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The ODB-3 is a bass pedal, helluva pedal, but still for bass. I never really used guitar BOSS effects, but I used some Ibanez Tone-Loks for a while, I used the DE-7 Delay/Echo and the SM-7 Smashbox, both worked well, but I love my blue light special Big Muff better. Hopefully, I'm getting a BOSS BF-2 Flanger soon though :)
  4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I have an old Japanese BF-2 flanger that I love--it's definitely one of Boss's weirdest sounding effects. You can get a huge variety of sounds (that are both warm and cutting) from the four knobs and if you really want to go to tweaksville you can open it up and play with the 3 internal trimpots. I also have an old CE-2 chorus that sounds really sweet, and I used to have the PH-2 (or 3?) Super Phaser that added a nice slipperiness to my bass sounds.

IMHO most of the Boss modulation, delay, pitch shifter, and EQ pedals work equally well for guitar and bass, but I'm not crazy about the low-end response of their distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedals.
  5. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I dont use any of there Bass pedals, I use
    the MT-2 distortion,BF-2 Flanger, CE-2 Chorus
    PH-3 Phaser and I used to use the AW-3 dynamic wah
    but I just replaced it with a DD-6 Delay. They all
    work really great with Bass.
  6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Nothing specifically made for Bass...
    Keyboard, Guitar, & Vocal Effects.
    Any of which can be tweeked for Bass.
    I really dig it.
    Smokes Boss pedals (about 7 of them at once).