What brand bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Jun 12, 2003.

1. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    This isn't me but a player I admire. I just can't figure out what brand and/or model he plays. Alembic?

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    With that "R" on the headstock I'm going to say it's a B.C.Rich or a Robin.........

check out his strings..nothing like keeping a matched set!
  3. kap'n kro

kap'n kro

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's deffinataly a B.C. Rich. Not sure what model it is though, but I'd recognize the curves and script of that logo anywhere.
  4. Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    im sure it's a rogue.
    it can look like the b.c. rich cause they make them both in korea or (elsewhere) at the same places.
  5. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    the topwood alone says it's not a rogue.

and the R on the headstock is the sign of the b.c. rich custom shop.

i don't know what model it is though...

heres another example of a bcrich USA "handmade" shop guitar

6. Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    ok, my mistake.
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A band with matching shirts - nice! :meh:
  8. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    It's not a Rogue. He's been using this same bass for over 10 years now. I don't think that Rogue was even around back then. Surprised that B.C. Rich made "conventional" looking instruments!

Bruce, In the polka industry, most of the bands all wear matching outfits. If you go to any big Polish festivals, which are prevalent in the Midwest, you'll notice most of the bands wearing the same shirts,pants, etc. Guess polka festivals aren't too popular in England, eh?!;)
  9. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    even though this seems to be settled, i would also like to vote for B.C. that is the BCRICH "R" bc used to make much more "normal looking instruments. i've seen a few conventional looking ones from a while ago
  10. So do they play Heavy Metal Polka?:D

Sorry, just the BC Rich thing, you know....