Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What brand is this bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicA, Nov 24, 2004.

1. RicA

RicA

Nov 24, 2004
    I recently acquired a mint condition, piggy back bass amp made by an unknown company. It has an enclosed cab which is loaded with 2 - 15" speakers. The grille cloth is blue-green. The amp itself has 4 6L6GC and 3 12AX7's. The controls are a volume, a bass and a treble for each of the 2 channels. Each channel has to inputs. Wattage is 480W.

You can see some pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/222097051IFnBqD

Any help in IDing this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ric

2. thats a silvertone! great vintage amp

3. Raven

Raven

Nov 14, 2004
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Yup... it is a Silvertone.... sold by Sears back in the '60s. With 4 6L6s, it should put out somewhere between 85 - 100 Watts. Electrically, its circuitry sould be very similar to a Fender Dual Showman. What kind of speakers are in the cab? It's a pretty fair guess they aren't the originals, since the amp is about 40 years old.

Kewl.....

4. RicA

RicA

Nov 24, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I thought it might be a Silvertone but wasn't sure. Any ideas of it's worth? I got it for $200 which I don't feel was too much.

5. definitely a Sears Silvertone from the 60's. Cool vintage tube amp. neato~!