Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What brand/model of bass does Stefan Lessard play?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cadre bassman, Jul 4, 2005.

1. cadre bassman

cadre bassman

May 15, 2004
    Denver, CO
    What brand/model of bass does Stefan Lessard play on the Dave Matthews Band "central park concert" DVD? The name Infuence is on the body of the bass?

thanks

2. Generally I see him playing a Modulus 5 strang

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    He use a Modulus Flea 4 strings in their last video.(American Born or wathever like this) lol

4. He uses Modulus Flea 4 string and 5 string, the 5 string is a 24 fret

5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    If thats the DVD I'm thinking of, its from the period of time when he was playing a Modulus Quantum 5, after he moved on from a Warwick Thumb 6, but before switching over to the Flea 5.

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow this Modulus looks like a killer bass :eek:

[​IMG]

7. In that dvd, he uses a black Modulus Flea Bass 5, and a black Modulus Flea Bass 4 (with the influence sticker - which i beleive is his snowboard company)....he also uses a fretless quantum in songs like Two Step....

he's a great guy, i met him and chatted, got photo and signature when they came to australia....

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i like this Modulus Fleas.......maybe :p i have one question,is possible that Modulus showing a new Modulus Flea with two pick ups,hamburckers in the NAMM convention? like a Sting Ray but a Modulus version,sounds interesting for me.

9. Jazzguy

Jazzguy Banned

May 3, 2004
    Warwick too.

10. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    This is exactly what is listed on the DMB web site for gear for Stefan.

http://www.davematthewsband.com/road/bandgear.html

Also, check out page 5 of the Modulus catalog here:

http://www.modulusguitars.com/v2/pdf/modulus2002listprice.pdf

I guess the software deletes references to brands in URLs, so the link above may not work. But if you go to the modulus website, you can click on the catalog link and go to page 5 from there. You will see a featured picture of Stefan endorsing the Flea.

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    "The Central Park DVD" features a Modulus Flea 5, 24 fret, Modulus Flea 4, 24 fret, and Modulus Quantum 5, fretless. He's also been seeing using fretted Modulus Quantum 5's, fretless Warwick Thumb 6's, and fretted Warwick Dolphin 4's, like in the "Listener Supported" DVD. My fave tone he ever achieved was on that DVD (the latter). That Dolphin and Quantum just sound amazing through that Meyer rig! :bassist:

12. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Oklahoma City
    He is one of my favorite bassists. Any more you see him using a variety of gear. I've seen him using The Hill basses, Lulls, vintage Fenders, even a MM Stingray. He's also back to using a lot of Modulus stuff. As far as amps go, He's used Ampeg for years, but this year he's using David Eden.

13. Li'l D

Li'l D

Apr 15, 2009
    He also plays a 5 string ken smith black tiger

fender68 likes this.
  14. fender68

fender68

Jun 7, 2011
    Modulus and Ken Smith 6 strings.