Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Brand of Bass is this????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dot74, Sep 11, 2000.

1. dot74

dot74

Aug 24, 2000
    I need some help in figuring out what kind of bass I got (I just picked it up about 6months ago, it was cheap and I REALLY wanted to learn to play)it's all black has schaller (sp?) pickups on it, the only discernable mark on it is the Eagle emblem (has an eagle with it's wings stretched out over the word "Eagle").....I've tried looking all over the web to see if there was a manufacturer or re-seller that had anything like it (man, looking through alot of web pages makes the mind numb) and I cannot find anything (my guess is that this bass is an el-cheapo from Fingerhut or something). Anyone got any ideas?

2. ChrissySistrum

ChrissySistrum

Sep 11, 2000
    You might want to try going to the Fender site. Sign up for their forum " FDP" there....go to the bass forum and ask that question there. The moderator Steve seems to be a collector of basses and if he doesn't know....he probably knows someone who does.

I hope that helps!

I hope it's okay to mention another forum in here :)

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Well....a picture would help....:) Is there any other info you can give about it? I have heard of Eagle brand instruments...I believe from Sweeden. If you have one of those..I would hang on to it...:)

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
  5. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Chrissy, welcome to Talkbass!

Steve occasionally hangs out here under the handle "Dude".

-GM

6. dot74

dot74

Aug 24, 2000
    Deynn, I do not have a picture....yet, will try to get one up here this week......it doesn't look like the one you posted, I saw those when trying to look on the web for the manufacturer and I wish my bass was that nice.....I think it's a japanese made bass....it does have Schaller p pickups (i think they are "p" style, still new to the bass/instrument scene:->)that I know because I had it apart to see if there was any other discernible marks and there was this little label that said "schaller electronics, west germany 11/95".

The main reason I'm asking to find out more about my bass so I can determine what to sell it for, as I'm looking to buy a Ibanez Left-hander.

Chrissy, thanks for the info on that forum, I will give that a try. ANY info is better than not knowing :)

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Dot....keep us posted on what you find out. Sometimes it can be fun searching for those odd basses....and sometimes, just plain frustrating! :D

8. dot74

dot74

Aug 24, 2000