Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what brand of cigarette do you smoke ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pharmecopia, Oct 29, 2003.

??

1. marlboro

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. camel

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. winston

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. kool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. newport / other menthol brand

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. parliament

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. other

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    im a winston type of guy.

2. What a subject to teach the youngster on this forum about!

Have you considered quiting?

I DO NOT SMOKE ANYTHING!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I recently quit... but Camel Lights were my thing. I like your name BTW.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Treena, this isn't an illegal substance, so unless it turns into a war, I see no reason this thread is unfit.

With that said, I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED!

I smoked Marlboro lights for 10 years, but ended up switching to Winston S2's, since there was no additives, and it honestly has a smoother, better taste.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    blah blah blah...non smokers can stay out of this thread plzkthxbye.

i smoke american spirit lights when i don't feel like rolling my own, but when i've got the time, i'm all about the bali shag halfzware. it's more than worth the time involved rolling it.

6. Tim, I merely stated an opinion and I know it's not illegal, you do need to be 18 in most states to purchase them though!

I just hope the younger kids don't think it "cool" because someone they like smokes.

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Believe me, as far as image goes, there aren't many things more "uncool" than smoking in todays age.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not really a smoker (a puff or two once every couple months) but I do like the 'Capones my friends smoke.... unfiltered.

Peace
    Nick

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I quit 13 months ago :cool:

Before I used to smoke Van Nelle halfzware shag tobacco and OCB papers. Dutch tobacco ruled.

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'm all out of my bali shag so i need to buy some tomorrow. do you recommend the van nelle over it?

11. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've never seen this Bali stuff anywhere over here.

12. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    I quit just over a year ago, and it was without doubt the toughest thing ive ever had to do. I was all farged up for months, anxiety attacks, nausea, and sorts of other fun stuff. I'd love to suck one back, but i couldn't be arsed to quit again. It was just way to hard.

But i used to smoke "champion ruby" rollies, or winfield gold if i was smoking pre-rolls.

13. JMX

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have different experiences (thank god).
    Before I quit I used to chain-smoke. In the first weeks after I quit, I thought I had some heart things, but this was psychosomatic it turned out. I didn't have any major problems, just some periods when I was tempted to begin again. I never used any nicotine supplements or books or sth., I just plain quit from one second to another - and this is the only way to do it IMO.

14. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    I used patches .....i dont think i could have done it cold turkey......Though its probably the best option if you're capable of doing it. The patches were OK, but they can give you some pretty wacked out dreams.

I was sweet for the 1st week of quitting, not a problem in the world. Then one night i was sitting at my computer transcribing a tower of power song. It was starting to p!ss me off a little, because i couldnt quite hear the bassline through the mix, then BANG, out of the blue i had an anxiety attack. It scared the sh1t out of me. I was pretty screwed up for about the next month, but after that i've never felt better.

annnnyway ....sorry 'bout the hijack

15. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Marlboro Mediums for me. Smoking is a nasty habit! I've been smoking for too long. But damn it, I'm no quitter! Besides, I'm paying top dollar for my own death!!!

16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    :eek: i just had a dream that i bought a pack on winstons. i haven't dreamt about cigarettes in years.

i used to smoke lots and lots, 2 1/2 to 3 packs a day, for a long long time. it's been over 10 yrs thank god since i've done that.

marlboro I think was my favorite, although i smoked kent. i smoked kent because at my H.S. kids would always bum cigarettes like crazy. when they saw I had kents, they'd say "nahhh" and move on to the next guy. i grew accostomed to them.

used to switch a lot too. salem, salem lights, marlboro lights, winston, whatever was new on the market, belair, parliament, true, camels.... do they even make all these brands anymore?

anyone remember multifilter cigarettes???

17. I used to roll my own. But I gave it up 6 months ago.:D

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    in the end it was a few years of Winston Light 100s.

but like Joe, I smoked Merit for years so no one would grub from me.

I quit in Oct 2001 after 20 years of smoking. (the events of 9/11 effected me on many fronts)

19. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    <----whatevers cheapest

official talkbass nicotine whore!!!!

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm on the pill to quit smoking marlboro ultra lights

Thread Status: