What brand of Rack Cases are you using?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zoom, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm scouting for an alternative to the SKB school of rack making.
    I'd like it to be 3, 4, or 5 spaces, covered in Black carpet-material, high quality, and well made & designed.
    This doesn't have to be "Flight Worthy", just to & from gigs, in and out of the truck. Although I would want it to hold up well.

2. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Anvil cases are a good alternative to SKB, and they have a wide variety of covering materials...
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Gator makes cases similar to SKB. dunno if you want something like SKB.
  4. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I use CDM Manufacturing.. They build A.T.A. style racks and cases for very resonable prices.. Steven.
    (www.cdmmanufacturing.com) or (716) 649-5925..
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I use SKB. Expensive, but perfect.

All the best,
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

After keeping my stuff in a sturdy (but heavy) 7-space Anvil for 15 years, I switched to an SKB Roto Rack. I would never have chosen it if I still had to rely on roadies to move my rig, but I now move my own stuff (carefully) and the Roto Rack has held up beautifully for nearly a year. It's very light weight, which is a nice bonus for my back.

The Roto certainly isn't as sturdy as the Anvil, but OTOH, I believe that if my rig were ever to fall off the top of my 6x10, the bulgy plastic RotoRack would be a shock absorber, whereas my Anvil (non-padded) would have been a shock transferrer.
  8. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm looking for something similar (3-spaces, carpet covered).
    Check this site out: http://www.lmengineering.com/metro.html
    Thier Sales Rep, Bill Kennedy, posts over at the Dudepit on occasion.
  9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
  10. Grundorf, or Grundorff, are the best cases I've seen. I like the way they look, too.
  11. Dolan

May 23, 2000
    Vienna Md
    Road Ready........built like Anvil only cheaper.
  12. 12Toes

Apr 19, 2001
    Lexington, KY
    This thing has wheels and a retractible hande. Got it new on ebay ~$120 shipped.

It's my first rack case so I don't know how it specs against the benz or sbk, but I couldn't be more pleased.

The wheels are rollerblade type, sturdy and quiet.

Not sure how well the retractible handle will hold up, but it seems to be more than sturdy enough.