1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What brand of speaker it is?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hammerfield, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Hammerfield

Hammerfield

Aug 1, 2016
    Argentina
  2. With that damage to the baffle, I would run away from it.

deathness likes this.
  3. Hammerfield

Hammerfield

Aug 1, 2016
    Argentina
    Yeah, its badly made, but not broken. maybe the speakers worth the work of make another cab...

4. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    They sort of remind me car audio subs I've seen before. By the look, I would not expect them to be good for bass guitar use, but you never know. If I was in need of a cab, and the rest of it seemed to be in okay shape, I would consider screwing and gluing a new plywood baffle right over the busted one, as long as I could get the cab cheap enough.

If it works, you should still be able to get some idea of what they will sound like. Does it sound like the speakers have any middle and high end frequency response, or do they sound muffled? Does it seem like the speakers are sensitive enough, as in, does it seem like you can get decent volume with your amp? If that's what you have available, the speakers seem okay, and you need a cab, get it cheap. Otherwise, and I could be wrong, but I don't think those speakers are anything special.

Hammerfield likes this.
  5. It is not "badly made".

The whole front of the baffle is broken where the tweeter should be. The cabs tuning is out of whack, and running like that will most likely destroy the speakers.

Hammerfield likes this.
  6. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Suspended

Sep 14, 2010
    they look like cheap car stereo speakers. so no
    not a recognised speaker of any musical instrument value.

Hammerfield likes this.
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Those look like $20 flea market chinese car audio speakers. The enclosure is useless.

I'd say it's worth $50...which is what he should pay you to haul it off.

Hammerfield likes this.
  8. Hammerfield

Hammerfield

Aug 1, 2016
    Argentina
    Thank you all for the feedback, you made me save some money :thumbsup: