What brands Make 4X12 Combos???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alyosha09, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    I figure that 12s are the best for my playing (good high and mids, with plenty of bottom). Anyhow, I if there a brand that makes 4X12 combos with the amp buitlt in? I hate to lug around 2 pieces and/or 3!!! So if you would help me and tell me if there are brands that make 4x12 cab with head built in, and if so, which brands!?!?!

Thanks a lot

2. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    You think lugging a separate head and cab around is tough. Wait until you lug a 4x12" combo around,:eek: even if there is such an animal. I personally never seen one.

Give me an 8-10" anyday compared to something like that.:)
  3. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    So you like 10"???
    I was sold on 10s, but everyone says they have no bottom, so I decided on 12"s,
  4. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    C'mon over sometime. I'll show ya some 10's with no bottom!:D Don't be fooled.

I personally use 10". Ocassionally with a 15". But, I also like the 12's. But never the 18". Hope that helps! ;)
  5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I was getting lots of bottom end out of my Peavey 410TX cabinets, the only thing that was a bit annoying to me personally was that the port where the frequencies from the cabinet were ported is in the back of the cabinet. Since bass frequencies are non directional to the audience it made no difference. They still heard them fine, and so did I. I went with 410TXF cabinets (2) only because the cabinet is ported in the front rather than the rear like the 410TX plus I had a few extra bucks available to spend on something.
    Let me be clear, you'll get all the bottom end you can handle with either a 410TX or 410TXF.
    The 412TXF is a great sounding cabinet but it's big and very heavy. And Peavey do not make nor any other map manufacturer that I know of a 412 bass combo amp. But I stand to be corrected. A 412 combo would be extremely heavy and tough to move around. Perhaps Marshall have one or Trace-Elliot.
    Tens man, they're perfect. Not to big not to small and outstanding sound reproduction to boot, IMHO.