What Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by invisiman, Feb 12, 2005.

1. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I don't believe this has been done before, so I figured "Why not?"

Anyways, I use Firefox, and only made the switch to it because Mozilla stopped showing pistures for some reason, but it is still easy to use.
  2. On my pc I use Opera, when using the family pc, Firefox.

Opera likes to crash on my family pc alot, hence using Firefox.
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Can't recall the last time I got a virus or spyware. I spend multiple hours a day on the internet with an always on cable modem connection.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Safari, though I have camino installed just in case. I trashed IE months ago, never used it once.
  5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, I never get anything bad... I've never even gotten one piece of spam or anything, so I don't know what the big deal is... I HAVE been using Mozilla Firefox 1.0 for a while though, just because it is a lot faster than IE.
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Firefox here, too.
    However, I still have to use IE for some appliacations.
  7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I have the same experience.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

once you've gone "tabbed browsing", its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to go back. i'm sooo hooked on it, i made my friend install FF on his comp. :p
  10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Just switched over to Firefox.

I´ve tried it two times before but always un-installed it.
    I think I´ll hang on to it this time.

I still use IE though for certain web pages.

I´ve never had any spyware/malware issues from browsing though... just wanted to try out Firefox because of the complete control you have over cookies.
  11. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    mozilla with mulitzilla and googlebox installed. oh and the Toy Factory theme, that one will keep you awake.
  12. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've used opera for years. I like the tabbed browsing and saved sessions (andnothin is cooler than having the browser app or pc lock up for some reason and have it open up the next time to the page you were on at the time with the foreward and back paths intact). Plus the keyboard shortcuts make things SO much quicker!!!! The only drawbacks have been several sites that don't like the browser (heavy use of IE dependent code) and some occasional trouble with some plugins like quicktime woking. And it's not until I have to use IE again tht I realize how well the built in pop-up blocking works. I've also put Firefox on the home PC for the wife and kids becaue they were used to IE and Opera was too different for them to get used to. It' amazing how seamless that transition was. Took the 3 yr old about 2 days to get used to the different icons for the history and favorites (no kidding, the kid's a freak. He's been more or less self sufficient on the internet since he was 2.5, was typing his own name by 3) I've just gotten so used to oper that I didn't want to or see the need to make the switch.
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Used to use Avant, now im back to IE.
  14. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    firfox at home and konqeror in college.
  15. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Firefox on PCs and Safari on my Mac.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    IE on XP and Firefox on Linux.

IE has been very fast and stable for me, but then again I keep my PC clean.
  17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    For me, Firefox keeps my PC clean :smug:
    With IE, it wouldn't stay clean... :meh:
  18. Firefox. Definitely. Just made the switch, never going back to IE.