Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What cab are you using with your Aggy 750?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zharlon, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    I joined the 750 club recently, purchased from a fellow TB'er....thanks Steve(burk48237)

My question is this: Those of you that have a 750, what cab configuration do you use/recomend?

I have Mesa 2x10 + 1x15 desiel era(RR) cabs now, they went great with my old 400+ mesa that I sold to a friend......these cabs absolutely matched the 400+, but the Aggy is a different beast and I want to bring out the best of it(I am paticularly smitten with the Bergy cabs, at least from what I have read here at TB)......

Kyle

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I use mine with an Aguilar GS410 and 2 GS112s. Great great sound. But I'm really planning to get the new S810. I just love 810 cabs and that one seems very tempting.

Peace...

3. I'm currently using mine with a EA VL-210 and a Ampeg BXT210M. Sometimes I'll throw an Ampeg SVT15e into the mix, but I generally don't need it. The 750 is HUGE through the EA.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you wanna stay in the Aguilar family, the GS212 i tried w/ one was pretty righteous. just a smoooove, fat, rich fricassee of Aguilar goodness.

another killer combo is w/ an Epifani T310. waaaaay more punchie, and seems to milk that silky high end of the epifani cab.

then there's a facet of gents on this board who LOVE their more neutral Accugroove cabs w/ the 750.

all in all, its tonal velcro and will stick to whatever you slap on it. which begs the question, what about the Mesa cabs do you not like?

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I use one of three, depending upon what sound I want. For a modern sound it's the Accugroove Whappo Jr.. For "old school," it's a Bergantino NV425. For "let's play quietly" I use an Acme B2.

6. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    El Whappo and Berg NV610...I tend to like the NV610 the best because of the way it sits in a mix so it gets around 80% of my playing time....The amp sounds AMAZING through both cabs, just a matter of taste...Also, I think a more flexible amp like the Thunderfunk or DB680/poweramp might be a better match with the Whappo...it is definetely a cab that shines with EQ!...

7. Zharlon

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    Thanks for the replies!

The Mesa cabs are exelent, though very heavy....I have used the 1x15 alone for a few jazz gigs(fretless electric) and it went very well......The guys commented right off on a "warmer" sound than the lil' GK 2x10 combo I have been using( I have loved that amp VERY much, and it has seen tons of small combo jazz gigs...but I have to admit it's not in the same league as the buttery aggy)

I decided that since I picked up a SCHAWEEEET new amp, what better excuse to get new cabbage to go with eh?

Oh , and I wanted to get the kinda output I can get with the 2 seperate Mesa's I have now, but with ONE reasonably sized cab ......(or mabey a versatile stack of 12's eh? ...heheh)

For that reason, I thought Berg....Especially due to the awsome reviews they have had here....

BTW, I live near Seattle, so when I get down to buying, I'll have the oppurtunity to A/B em at BASS NW!!

8. Zharlon

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    any more stories about WHICH tubes someone may be enjoying in their 750 ?(I did see a recent thread about this and I wanted to dredge up any more comments to that end)

Thanks

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    we should all be so lucky... ;)

but tell us what you finally do find. :)

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    D-410XLT. I haven't had a chance to run it with both the D-210XLT and the 410 but, based on the sound of just the 410, I'm going to bet that it dominates.

11. Zharlon

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    B ump for possible more replies