1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what cab for a YBA-1?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maccastarr, Jan 19, 2008.

1. maccastarr

maccastarr

Jan 18, 2008
    Hi everyone.

I've been searching the forum and grown interested in using a Traynor YBA-1 head as a recording amp with a variety of different basses. What cab/speaker would you recommend for this set-up?

If it matters, I've already got an Ampeg SB-12 that I use for recording, and I'm looking for a different tube flavor.

Thanks very much,

Bill

2. Your options are endless. I think either a 2x10 or a single 15 might be a good option.

3. It seems to me that if you are micing up a vintage tube amp you are going for a colored sound. That could mean any number of different boxes depending on what kind of color you are looking for. An old Traynor through the tl606 is considered a classic in some circles.

4. maccastarr

maccastarr

Jan 18, 2008
    thanks for the responses so far -- yes, I am looking for a colored sound to combine with DI tracks. Other than different from Ampeg SB12, I'm not quite sure how to describe what I'm after. If the SB12 is more vintage Motown, I'm looking for more vintage Entwistle, late 60's/early 70's rock? does that make any sense?

any more specific advice as to which 2x10 or 1x15 would be a good match? Also, are there any small bass cabs that combine a 10" with a 12" to get the best of both worlds?

thanks again

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021