what cab for svt pro 3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickben, Jul 30, 2002.

1. i plan on getting a svt pro 3 used but i couldnt figure out what cab to use.i dont want pro cabs they way to much.
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I thought you were getting the B2r? Better listen to that SVT3pro real close with a 4 ohm load. If you like it great! But give it a good listen first.

As far as the cab. that also is your choice according to what you want your tone to sound like. try a 210 and a 1/15 cab together or the 410hlf or the 610hlf . Lot's of options. i thinkk the classic series cabs sound great.
  3. The BSE-410HLF would serve you well. Try it out and see if you like it. I was thinking about getting the same rig but the whole money issue came into play.
  4. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    610HLF I love that cab... if I had the dough I would buy it right away.
  5. i want to go with a the bse 4x10hlf but i wasnt sure if it would work with th svt pro 3.

what do u mean cb56 .like is there someing thing it does like hums.i was told the b2r is a striped down version of the svt pro 3 like the b2r is missing the tubes in the preamp and some othere things.and i belive less watts the the svt pro 3.i went on ebay i and i figure if i wait i can get a svt pro 3 for about the same price as a b2r new.
  6. the bse 4x10 hlf is rated at 400 the svt pro 3 is at 450.what gives.
  7. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    It will work fine. You should be able to get the full output of the cab... the SVT3 isnt as loud as you would suspect a 450 watt head to be. Then again, the same goes for the B2R.
  8. I second that motion. I sold my SVT3Pro.
  9. FTK

Apr 24, 2002
    Wa. State
    I disagree with the statement of the SVT3-PRO being underpowered. The sound is warm vs. the raw sound of a solid state amp which could be one of the reasons some people may think they are underpowered. Mine cranks and has an awesome growl to it. Try one through a SVT610HLF!