Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What cab is good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zyxwfish, Dec 13, 2002.

1. zyxwfish

zyxwfish

Dec 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    I have a gallen kruger bass head and a cavin 4/12 cab. I don't like the cavin cab anymore what do you people recommend for a 300 watt output at 4 ohms?

2. Is the Carvin Cab a bass or a guitar cab? What is it about your present cab that you don't like?

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    think this is kinda important--I didn't know Carvin made a 4x12 bass cab?? That could definately be a reason you're not happy with it.
    Maybe a decent 2x10 cab would be good for you...room to grow.

good luck!

4. zyxwfish

zyxwfish

Dec 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    The carvin cab might be 4/10, i'm not quite sure it is a bass cab but the problem with it is it's got harsh highs. What's a good punchy cab that can handle a low B well?

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I have the Avatar 4x10, but as you may find on some posts here...whether it handles a Low B adaquately is based solely on the owners opinion. The new version is front ported...don't know if that has an effect or not because I haven't read any comments.
    For me, it does just fine, but I'm not relying on the low B from that cab...I have a 15" for that part (biamping)

good luck. There are tons of opinions, and many options. Maybe run a search for 4x10s?