What cab is good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zyxwfish, Dec 13, 2002.

1. zyxwfish

zyxwfish

Dec 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    I have a gallen kruger bass head and a cavin 4/12 cab. I don't like the cavin cab anymore what do you people recommend for a 300 watt output at 4 ohms?

2. Is the Carvin Cab a bass or a guitar cab? What is it about your present cab that you don't like?

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    think this is kinda important--I didn't know Carvin made a 4x12 bass cab?? That could definately be a reason you're not happy with it.
    Maybe a decent 2x10 cab would be good for you...room to grow.

good luck!

4. zyxwfish

zyxwfish

Dec 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    The carvin cab might be 4/10, i'm not quite sure it is a bass cab but the problem with it is it's got harsh highs. What's a good punchy cab that can handle a low B well?

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I have the Avatar 4x10, but as you may find on some posts here...whether it handles a Low B adaquately is based solely on the owners opinion. The new version is front ported...don't know if that has an effect or not because I haven't read any comments.
    For me, it does just fine, but I'm not relying on the low B from that cab...I have a 15" for that part (biamping)

good luck. There are tons of opinions, and many options. Maybe run a search for 4x10s?