1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What cab is this Mesa?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fnordlyone, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  2. Do believe you nailed it mmbongo. I shall research it. Are you experienced?
    f!

3. Dude is listing the 2x10 as: 400 watts at 4 ohm..mesa boogie cab that doesn't match the D2-10 which must be 8ohm with the 2 16 ohm speakers.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I suppose it could have been special ordered as a 4-ohm, but I'm thinking that cab might of had its speakers replaced with a pair of 8-ohm. Compared to the Mesa website pics; this cabs dust caps appear smaller, the cones have a blue-ist tint and I'm not seeing the lighter colored gasket around the outer edge of the speakers.

Did you already ask the seller for a closeup pic of the input jack plate?

5. A while back, I emailed him for info/ more pics... no response. It's still listed and with a dropped price. I'm thinking it is not stock. I'm going to try to contact him again.
    thanks guys,
    fnord!

6. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Call customer service once you know what speakers are in the cabinet, the guys should know if they are stock.

7. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I owned one for a while....heavy cab ...uncomfortable handles ....tolex ripped easily.....and made occasional weird noises with my GK 800RB
    So did not keep it too long...8 ohm cab... Bassis speakers...Eden horn I think....1994 I believe....long time ago

8. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Judging by the handles this appears to be a 90's era cab. IIR the 210's that first appeared in the very late 80's had spring loaded handles like on the Mesa head cabinet.
    So being an early 90's cab with blue-ish cones, they were commonly using eden 10" speakers during this period and the EV was optional. So its probably a 300w cab.

9. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Sooooo, @fnordlyone did the Festivus miracle pan out?

10. No. No response and advert gone.
    thanks for the sherlocking for reals, though
    f!