What cab/s should i get for my GK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbeltrame, Aug 13, 2005.

1. lbeltrame

Apr 26, 2005

i recently bought a 2nd hand GK 400rbIII and im in the process of deciding what cabs to get to gig with. I'm thinking a 4 ohm eden 212XLT or 4ohm GK neo212 ---or--- go the 210+115 route in which case i have no idea what to get. I play funk/metal playing fingered and i slap and tap quite a bit. I'm tryin to get away with spending as little as possible so i guess my budget is around $900 US. If i lived in america i could just go get some avatar cabs but i live in australia so i'm forced to pay pissloads for even mid-range gear.
    I'm thinkin the 210+115 will be louder due to speaker surface area so maybe i'll just have to buy the 115 first and wait for the cash to buy the 210.
    Then again, the eden/GK 212 could be a standalone cab solution with plenty of volume.

Please guys, what should i be looking for?
  2. The Neo 212s seem popular but yep the 2x10 and 1x15 would be good too. Depends on the volume you need really.
  3. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I always preferred the 115/210 combo and have been pretty happy with the sound of my GK SBX series cabs.

I'd go for the SBX-II series if they are in your price range where you live.
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I'd get a Neo 112 and 115. 4 ohm load for max power (the 400RB is only what 280 watts @ 4ohms? You want every watt you can get) and more portable than the SBX combo.

But any of the above would probably work well.