1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What cab should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaunathan32, Apr 10, 2004.

1. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    I just purchased a Mesa Boogie 400+ head and now I need a cabinet. My favorite cabinets are ampegs because of the agressive sound of them and i think im going to buy a 410HLF. But i want another cabinet also to hook up to my setup. I would like a smaller cab for more easy transportation but i want it to be good sounding and mesh with the rest of my setup well. Should I look into getting a 210 or a 112 or what? Thanks

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You'll need to find a 4 ohm 2x10 or 2x12. The 410HLF is ported and tuned lower so it's got the low end going. You could buy another 410HLF and get a nice deep low eggressive sound.

3. Congratulations and welcome to the club. That Ampeg cab should sound aswome with that head. I had one, but I sold it and got 2 Ernie Ball 2x12 cabs. I also use a Mesa Powerhouse 2x10 when I don't want to shake the foundation of my house.

4. shaunathan32

shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    If i got the low end with a ampeg 410HLF, what amp would be the best to get the high ends out? A small amp perhaps so i could also use it as a portable amp for small shows and practices

5. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Try some of the EBS cabs before you buy Ampeg. The 410 EBS is a killer, and then you can supply with the new NEO112 for practice/smaller clubs.
    I`ve played Ampeg, Eden, SWR, Aguillar and Ernie Ball 2X12 cabs the last 15 years, but have now settled for EBS.
    It`s loud, very loud, has great low end, cutting mids and sweet top.