What cab should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaunathan32, Apr 10, 2004.

1. shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    I just purchased a Mesa Boogie 400+ head and now I need a cabinet. My favorite cabinets are ampegs because of the agressive sound of them and i think im going to buy a 410HLF. But i want another cabinet also to hook up to my setup. I would like a smaller cab for more easy transportation but i want it to be good sounding and mesh with the rest of my setup well. Should I look into getting a 210 or a 112 or what? Thanks
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You'll need to find a 4 ohm 2x10 or 2x12. The 410HLF is ported and tuned lower so it's got the low end going. You could buy another 410HLF and get a nice deep low eggressive sound.
  3. Congratulations and welcome to the club. That Ampeg cab should sound aswome with that head. I had one, but I sold it and got 2 Ernie Ball 2x12 cabs. I also use a Mesa Powerhouse 2x10 when I don't want to shake the foundation of my house.
  4. shaunathan32

Jan 18, 2004
    If i got the low end with a ampeg 410HLF, what amp would be the best to get the high ends out? A small amp perhaps so i could also use it as a portable amp for small shows and practices
  5. bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Try some of the EBS cabs before you buy Ampeg. The 410 EBS is a killer, and then you can supply with the new NEO112 for practice/smaller clubs.
    I`ve played Ampeg, Eden, SWR, Aguillar and Ernie Ball 2X12 cabs the last 15 years, but have now settled for EBS.
    It`s loud, very loud, has great low end, cutting mids and sweet top.