What cab to go with Bergie HT115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassistGod, Jul 11, 2004.

1. I just bought a Bergantino HT115, one of Jim's ealier models. (bigger box)

Anyway, I'm looking for a smaller cab or cabs to pair up with it. As of now I have a pair of Aguilar gs112's and EA cxl-112, but would like something in between these two soundwise.

I feel the aguilar is a bit too fat sounding especially for my current RHCP tribute band. While the EA is a bit too barky in the upper nidrange. The bergantino seems to hit a middle ground somewhere in between. Maybe more to the bassier side though.

I'm interested in Acmes and Bag Ends. Also somewhat intersted in Avatars becasue they're so damn affordable, And any decent JBL cabs just becasue I play through an eon G2 once in a while and they sound pretty damn good. Hope you guys have some ideas for specific JBL models. Any input on which cabs might float my boat?
  2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    If it were me I'd get the Berg 210.
  3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I agree, I'd pair it up with a 210 Berg!
  4. Forgot to mention that the Bag Ends I'm interested in are the s15-d's. For the Acme's the 210 or the 410 if need be. Same for avatar.

I think I prefer larger speakers because of their better throw. Although they would have to have quick response like the Jbl's or Bag Ends as I've heard they are quicker and punchier than most 15's. I have the lows covered with the HT115.
  5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    well the Berg 210 is going to be much louder then the acme 210, the acme is a great cab, but acme's do not throw well at all no matter how much power you run through them.

Avatar I can't speak on, I've never had one. I just no second hand what people think of them. They are cheap, but so are bassoon or however you spell them.

You might check out the Berg 322 if you want a big cab or look around for a used Berg 310 or 212..... I know where a 212 is............ and a used 322.
  6. goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Where is there a used 212 and how much is it? Same for the 322??
  7. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Have you looked into the Bergie EX 112? It seems to match the description of what you're looking for, and you probably don't need the HT112, since you already have a tweeter in the HT115. Plus the 112 is uber-portable.

8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    IMO mixing Acme with Bergs would be odd and not a great combination. After my personal experience with Acme I wouldnt consider combining them with anything but other Acme cabs.

I would get the HT 210 personally.
  9. Any special reason why the acme's don't throw well? I figured they would throw well for 10's because of their extended low range response. I think I read on their website that acmes can be used as full range p.a. speakers becasue of this. Don't quote me though.
  10. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've used the HT115/HT210 together for the last few years with great results. Very full-range and really leaving nothing to be desired. If you have enough power, I can't imagine this combination would leave you wanting for anything. But of course, sound/tone is a totally subjective thing and it's hard to say what it is exactly you're looking for without knowing the style of music you play, your bass(es), venues, etc. In any case, good luck!
  11. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I haven't tried the 2x10 or 1x15, but having gotten a pair of 1x12's I can testify that dese Bergs are the heat.

12. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Will, how is the 112 working out with the upright? I usually just use a small Carvin combo, but maybe I'll splurge. Sorry for the hijack :bag:
  13. Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    boogiebass & wilbyman, damn you both! :)
    I can't decide between the HT112 now and the EX112 later, or the HT210 now and the HT115 later....
    music style: rock.

GAH!!! (my head just might explode, you know)
  14. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV

It's awesome for upright. Right now I'm using an Underwood and Realist into Raven Labs PMB ---> into my Clarus and HT112. It seems like I play in a lot of boomy rooms, and I never lose pitch definition or get muddy. What I like so much about it is that the quick response of the HT feels like the acoustic response of my bass. The cab responds like a 10" but sounds fuller...If that makes any sense.

I dunno. I haven't tried them for rawk yet. I guess it depends on what kind of volumes you're playing at...acoustic guitars or 1 electric guitar at moderate volume I would just take the 112's...but for anything really loud I might check out the 2x10/1x15 rig. Ask Jim B. -- he'll reply really quick.

15. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Another vote for the berg 210 to go with the 115.

TheChris: Ive used the berg 112s and a 322 on rock gigs. It would depend on how loud you need to be and what kind of tone (low end, cut) you need. The 112s and the 210/115 combos both work great.
  16. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY

Will -- that's awesome. This will have to be my next acquisition. I'm using the Realist as well, and it's incredible. Sorry again -- back to the regularly schedule thread.
  17. No comments on the Bag Ends???

I don't know why but I'm really jonesing for a pair of these. Maybe its becasue I had a couple recently slip through my hands already. Anyway, there aren't any places around me that stock these so I have to rely on reviews.

Anyone want to let me borrow theirs? I promise I won't give it back. :ninja: