what cab to put under my ampeg 410he?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Mar 4, 2004.

1. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    As much as I love my bag end 15's I have decided to get an ampeg stack again for my classic rock band. Don't worry Bag End lovers I'm keeping my Bag end 15's cabs for my smaller portable set up. Anyway last saturday I bought a 410he which is rated 500 watts at 8 ohms. Ideally I would like to put the Ampeg 8 ohm 15 cab under it but it's only rated 200 watts and I'm wanting to bridge my B4r into both cabs 500 watts each cab. I suppose I could get another 410he but I think the 15 would round out the tone a little better. Ampeg experts, any suggestions? thanks
  2. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

nah, forget the ampeg 15, just get another 4x10. then you'll have the same cabs as me. and we all wanna be cool as me. mine are the old ones too, 500w at 8ohms. i'm way underpowering them though...lousy b5r.

seriously though, i think another 4x10 will do more tonally than a 15. just one man's opinion.
  3. My vote is for another 410 cabinet as well.
  4. I would totally go with the SVT-15E.
    I have one and it is an awesome sounding cab, very tight for a 15 and quite compact too. I run it with an Avatar 210 but I think I am going to replaced the Avatar with an Ampeg SVT-210HE to complete the Ampeg stack

But then again, i'm a lover of 15's. I cannot stand the sound of just 10's
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Ok, not too worried about which cab would be the coolest :D
    Just trying to decide which would be best with my B4r Bridged at 1000 watts. I should say I play 5 string bass in a loud rock band. I guess my other choices would be to run stereo instead with the new 4 ohm 18 cab on one side of the amp and the 410 on the other. or possibly the new 412 cab with the 410. I think I'm leaning towards the 15. Just hope I don't blow the speaker.
  6. biergott

biergott DuBistEineKartoffelnsalad kopf

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    I know they're discontinued, but maybe you can find a PR15H. It's 8ohms and 400W RMS (800 program)

I absolutely love this cab underneath the PR410H.

Very sturdy (and heavy) with great lows!