1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what cab with a little mark 250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by drewphishes, May 11, 2017.

1. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Philly
    dont need a lot of sound. as of now practicing at home and not gigging. just like the markbass tone and a good trade came up.

Im thinking a 115 or 210 would be fine..

what do you smart guys say?

2. I had a lightweight MarkBass 2x10 that I loved, but I got lucky & found it second-hand...
    just get whatever you can find cheap second-hand

drewphishes likes this.
  3. If you are sure that you won't want to add a second cab later it may be worthwhile getting a 4 ohm cab thereby getting the full 250 watts from your head.

srayb likes this.
  4. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    That's what I did, got a Schroeder Mini 12+L 4-ohm version. It sounds great and gets very loud if I need it to. And only 20lbs.

5. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Philly
    Found a cheap 200 watt 115 ampeg cab. I can use a 200 watt cab w a 250 watt head right? Just wont be able to use all 250? I dmt need loud really currently

6. If the cab has an impedance of 8 ohms then the LM250 will have a maximum output of around 150 watts. That doesn't mean that you can turn the amplifier up full and not damage the speaker however.