Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaM90, Jun 26, 2005.

1. CaM90

CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I'm probally going to get the Hartke HA3500 head but for a cab I'm not too sure. I'm thinking of the Hartke 410XL(http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTK410BXL) or the VX410 (http://www.zzounds.com/item--HTKVX410). WHich would be better? I play all styles of music but mostly rock/metal/punkish and jazz/funk. I use all techniques (finger, slap/pop, tap, etc.). I play a 5 string (Ibanez SR905). I prefer 4x10's over 2x12's. I like punch.

2. ricosuave2093

ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    Oregon
    Check out the Kustom Groove Bass 1200 I know where you can get one for $469.99 shipped. And it will provide more power and better sound. Just do a search under Kustom and you will find I bunch of happy Bassistssss And check out www.avatarspeakers.com good cabs for the same price of hartke. They have a 2000watt 4x10 I think 379. + 55 shipping and it's gotten great reviews infact I'm ordering one this week if the speaker get in that is. I'm just itching to plug my Kustom head into it. Kustom head will do 400w at 8ohms 750watts at 4ohms and an ear numbing 1200w at 2ohms. Just a thought. Good Luck and if you wanna get the Kustom just P.M. me and I can hook you up with where I got mine.

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Its actually www.avatarspeakers.com. Check out the Traynor YBA-200 as well- its 200 watts all tube but sounds like 800 SS watts. However, it may not be the greatest for slap/pop. Its around $600, but you will probabally want the tubes changed. Modern Hartke stuff is OK, but I think you could do better.

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sounds like you want the XL. If you were a mainly fingerstyle player you could easily get away with the VX but if you regularly delve into all styles of play and music the XL would be your best bet. You can always turn down the treble.

Oh and by the way...check this out.

Click Here.

Very nice price!

:D

Joe.