1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What cabs? Aggie GS112s or Epi UL310 into an MB SA450

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 51m0n, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 51m0n

51m0n

Jun 30, 2005
    Would like some advice please people, which option would you take 2 x 8ohm Aggie GS112s or 1 x 4ohm Epi UL310 driven by a Markbass SA450?

Very difficult for me to get somewhere with either of these to demo, let alone both, but they are available on line. If anyone wants to chip in with their experiences with either A/Bing or gigging them that would be really useful too, naturally.

Obviously I'm after a smaller lighter rig but with plenty of headroom and a modern sound (mostly).

So opinions please - and please dont get into a MB good/bad rant cos I'm sold already! :D

2. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA

Kjung can prolly give you the full scoop, and you can find a lot of it searching around. I have a UL-310/LMII setup and used to has a GS112 (though never played with the LMII, so others will have to chime in for that).

The UL-310 has a nice modern sound, but I find I can get a good rock tone out of it with the LMII. Loud and light for sure. Not sure which would be louder, the 310 or the 2 x 112. Probably more low end from the stack, but more punchy mids from the 310. I find the 310 has a good low mid punch too.

Different flavors of good if you ask me.:)

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I've never had the pleasure of trying the LMII with the GS112's. My feeling is that the tone between the newer 310UL version and two GS112's will be quite close.. with the GS's having a little bit more going on down low, and the Epi's tweeter being sweeter and more natural sounding.

The head sounds very nice with two of the new DB112's... very mid punchy and present IMO.