Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what cabs to get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    well im planning on buying a GK 1001rb-II head and im having trouble deciding what cab(s) to get. i want something that doesnt scoop the mids. originally i was thinking of a berg NV610 but i dont know i kinda want to get 2 cabs just because its easier to break down and transport. also i could bring one for practice and what not and have a 2nd cab for when i need the extra volume. the thing is also im looking to buy used. but i just dont know what brands i should look into and im still trying to decide on what i want in terms of sizes.

like should i go:
    2x10 + 1x15
    2x10 + 2x12
    4x10 + 1x15
    4x10 + 2x12

i may cosider other cominations but right now those come to mind.

buy the way i play with pick more often then figures and i play like punk, indie rock and hardcore.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    If I were you, I'd get a 4x10 first, then figure out what's missing. I don't think that you, playing punk/rock/hardcore with a pick, can go wrong with 4x10s. If you like that and just want to get more volume and such, you can just add a 210 or another 410, or if you want more low end, add the 2x12 or the 1x15.

3. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    any brands you recommend that i may like? i dont want to empty my wallet on getting a cab but at the same time i dont want to get something cheap. i really am not a fan of SWR or ampeg.

4. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
  5. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    what are differences in the avatar B410 with the delta speakers as oppsed to the NEO B410 and the Pro B410. besides the type of speakers, weight and RMS handling is there any difference in the sound?

6. Check out the new Gallien-Krueger Neo series. They smoke. My new Neo 2x12 is amazing. For a full stack Id recommend a 2x12 and a 1x15.

7. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I'm also in the market for new bass cabs that are more portable and have a flatter frequency response. I've settled on a Bergantino HT-210 and HT-115.

8. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i'm about to order a 1001rb-II this week.
    i'm buying my cabs from avatar, and i'm getting the
    210neo and the 115H.

if you buy the head from riksmusic.com, you can get a 3space rack and the head for about $725. add the two cabs from avatar and shipping, and your just under $1300.