Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muadip, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Muadip

Muadip

Feb 19, 2005
    Denmark
  2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    What kind of music do you play?

What kind of bass do you have?

How much money do you want to spend?

How much can you lift?

What size of venue do you play regularly?

Irregularly?

(And it was such a simple question too!)

:)

Joe.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You will be VERY pleased with that head. FYI, I got mine for $485 from a local Kustom dealer (I know that this is pretty close to what he paid for it, but he cut me a deal). Go to www.kustom.com to find a local Kustom dealer and see what kind of deal they will do for you (plus you can try before u buy). They are also on Ebay for about $500 + shipping.

Ebay Link 1

Ebay Link 2

As for the cabs, I am using an Avatar SB112 (1x12 + horn) on the bottom and an Avatar B210 (2x10 delta) on top. I've owned many other large rigs (even bigger than this), but none have had the killer tone of this rig.

Click here for a complete thread on this head with Avatar cabs

Good luck! :bassist:

Edit: I just noticed that you are in Denmark (I didn't notice this when I wrote the above). Avatar now ships to Euroupe (using a third party distributer/shipper). Giving the fact that the U.S. dollar is not doing so well right now against the Euro, you might be able to get a hell of a deal. The other thing to point out that Kustom makes a specific model of the GB 1200 for Europe that is different than the U.S. version for the power requirements. So, it would not be a good idea for you to get the U.S. version and get it shipped over there unless you have some kind of power converter (which could introduce noise into the circuit).

4. Muadip

Muadip

Feb 19, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks dude! I read your thread about the head and you made me want it even more...
    Yes I live in Denmark but I know a local dealer who will sell it to me so I guess it will fit with the power. I'll ask if they can get me some Avatar caps with European jacks, but I wouldn't count on it

:bag:

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

YOu won't need anything for the cabs as they have Neutrik Speakon connectors and all versions of the Kustom head (both US and euro) use the Speakon connectors as well. Again, the only thing that you will have to do if you decide to buy the Kustom head is to get one from a dealer over there in Europe so that is has the proper AC power plugs to plug into the wall. Good luck!