What can a man do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by big daddy cool, Aug 25, 2002.

1. So I'll begin by saying that I'm a bit of a wreck at the moment and have been for about the last eight months.

Sorry to use the old cliche, but there's this girl that I really like. I have for about eight months now and it's driving me crazy and making me really really upset. We were going out for a short spell but she decided to end things because she just changed her mind and decided she didn't like me like that anymore.

Basicly I just want to know what i can do to either get over this girl or get back with her because it seems I can't do either at the moment. Obviously geting back with her would be the best option, but either would be great.

Now to put a little twist on it, she's my best friend too so not seeing her ever isn't really a possability unless you're sure that would work.

Cheers for any feedback at all guys. Please remember that all is welcome, and even though it's just some stupid teen crush thing that everyone goes though, it's effecting my happieness and day to day life.
  2. It may just be a teen crush - but at the time they ain't easy!

If she doesn't want it to be like that, I doubt that you'll be able to 'get her back'. Maybe being best friends is where you should leave it dude - 'cos that last thing you want to do is lose your best friend.

The best thing you can do is move on. Try to find another girl that can take her place. The focus on the new girl in that way, and keep your best friend your best friend!! Be thankful for the times that you have shared with her!

I know it's not easy - been there (it took me a long time to get over my first real g/f - I'd even been out with other girls after her but still liked her a lot)

It's just gonna take time dude! Try to go with the flow! Hope it works out!!!:)
  3. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hmm, they say that best friends make the best girlfriends. I don't know, my best friend is also female, but I couldn't ever date her. It would just be to messed up.

My advice, is maybe you should just sit her down and tell her about this. Of course, the downside is, if she doesn't want to go out still, your friendship could be wierd from then on.

Hmm, as Ned Flanders would say "This is a dilly of a pickle."
  4. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

So true. Its not just the fact that theyre your bestfriend, but that when you get to become really good friends like that, you open up more and easier to eachother. Thats what makes a relationship last, but can break a friendship at the same time.
  5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I've posted this many times before... and i'm gonna do it again. Relationships are stupid. I dont know how old you are. But unless you're out of (or at least well into) college, its completly pointless. Especially when you date friends like you're talking about, all it does is make the relationship wierd. I still date though, just not "steadily". But to each his own..
  6. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    How old are you guys?

Girls tend to go through this "I really like him but only as a friend" phase. And then they grow up and realize that the guy was perfect for them but it's too late because he's taken now.

From experience I'm telling you that dating your best friend is great. I'm marrying my best friend in a month.

So, you have too choices: convince her that you are so amazing for her, or find a new best friend. One thing is for sure, if you guys don't get back together you won't stay best friends for too long. I know people (including me) who had a crush on their best friend and nobody has been able to keep it that way.
  7. Sorry for your trouble, Big Daddy. The only thing I can tell you is to do what you feel in your heart.

If I ever meet God, He's got a lot of explaining to do about these things called, "Females." ;)

Hope it all works out for you. I'm sure it will.

Mike J.
  8. I don't know why I didn't post this earlier, but I think if you stop thinking about it, and let things take their course, then everything will work out fine.

Or at least that's been my experience in this field, and...a few others.
  9. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I would say if she's bugging you this much, then it's not healthy. You've done the hardest thing by admitting to yourself that she's making you unhappy......I mean come on, If she's your best friend, she'd know that you've been messed up for eight months, AND she'd know it was her fault...............I don't mean to be too harsh but i don't like it when girls mess guys around.

If you need things "sorted" then sit down and talk it through with her.......otherwise just leave it be, and move on. Show her you can move on, and don't obsess.

hope it works out for you man

10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I'm in a similar situation now, there is a girl that has been my best friend for 4 years and we started dating 2 weeks ago and she is the best girlfriend i have ever had. i can open up to her and im happy with and now problems until my parents find a house 50 miles from her. im moving Oct 5th:(
  11. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    "you have not yet sought yourselves, yet you found me! Thus do all believers; therefore all faith amounts to so little. Now I bid you lose me and find yourselves; and only when you have denied me shall you return..... then with a different love shall i love you" -Nietzsche

!!!!! thats the moral of the story and words to live by

good luck!
  12. Is it possible to like someone that much even if you haven't met her but you know of her and seen a picture.

I once was in your situation and felt like cr*p then i found another girl and it was ok, and then the other girl got jealous :D. Try that it might not work though and it would be unfair on the other girl if you were doing it out of spite.