Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What can I do to this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lilvampboyx, Oct 7, 2005.

1. lilvampboyx

lilvampboyx

Sep 1, 2005
    http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/images/ubass2.jpg

My bass looks almost indenical to this minus the pickups and the pickguard. I had to move the bridge to fix the intonotation. and I dont have as much of a trebally tone, my neck pu is very hollow sounding (single coil musicmaster pu) and Im waiting for my J pu to come in the mail for the bridge...does that look like i can put a fender jazz pickguard on that..I have a normal neck compared to that pic. any suggestions will be appreciated (other than getting a new bass)

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    If you have an original UniVox Mosrite bass and you are looking to "Fix" it up. Buy a different bass. Those basses have a very classic and very distinct tone that plenty of people are paying pretty good money for. Figure out if you actually like the bass or you need to change it. Taking a rare vintage bass like that and making the changes you are thinking of is kind of waisting a beautiful vintage bass.