1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What can I expect from the Daddario NYXL strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Badwater, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Yes

2. No

3. It all depends on _____

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    I'm planning to change the factory strings on my Sterling Ray34. It currently has the SuperSlinky 45-100. And I really liked how they feel and sound on the Ray.

Now that it's time to change strings, I've considered replacing it with the EB SuperSlinky or Daddario rounds. But there are reports that the NYXL last longer, and have more dynamic sound. My question is how much longer do they last over regular round wound strings? And do they really have more articulation and dynamics than regular strings? If they do, are they worth the extra cost?

Thanks.

2. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    I switched from EB to NYXL and I like them.

3. blmartin2215

blmartin2215

Feb 14, 2006
    dallas
    Not sure if you got your answers this is an old thread but I switched back to Daddario strings after years of playing DR and other good brands. My new Roscoe SKB 3005 came with Daddarios. They were the standard Nickel XL's and it was time to change them and I looked at the usual suspects of DR Elixur Dean Markley etc. I decided based on many luthiers opinions to stick with Daddario and try these. I have switched all my basses now to the NYXL Daddarios. They are a bit stiff compared to the Round Core DR's I had become accustom to but I got used to it. They feel better than SS strings but have the same snap. I don't feel like I am chewing up my frets either. They have a deep full roundness to them too. I like strings I don't have to eq in or out frequencies to have a down the middle even tone with as much high end as round full punchy bottom and these have them in spades.

4. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    upload_2018-7-2_20-13-49.jpeg

I switched from NYXL to these and absolutely love them. Nice full deep tone and seem to last forever.

dralionux and michael_t like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021