Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What can you tell me about this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Jan 27, 2003.

1. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    It's like gold paint on doggie doo......run, run fast!

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No, Rouge = Crap. even that bass. Look at "Essex" basses instead. cheap, and much better than rouge. you buy rouge, and your asking for trouble. not only will your friends and family laugh at you, I will to;) Just kidding. But in general, stay away from rouge.

4. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Really, that bad? Even with the active electronics. Have you guys tried it out, or just like to call ****, ****.

5. I know funkycarnivore LOVES his Rogue...:rolleyes: ;)

Seriously, if you don't take our word for it, then just buy it already and see if you like it (or don't like it).

I'll second the recommendation for the Essex's though.

www.rondomusic.com

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    SX basses are the low buck answer my friend. If you are looking for something modern looking verses a classic style bass, try out one of the Brice models at www.rondomusic.com They are the brothers of SX (or essex).

7. whenever someone asks for bass advice, it usually "yeah, that's cool, buit don't take our word for it, it all comes down to whether or not YOU like it; try it and see how it feels!"
    but with the rogue, people sound kinda condescending and, well, almost mean.

i have no experience with that bass, but i say, if you like it, and you think it's worth the dough (is it 300 at MF or something?); go for it.

8. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    So the Brice V2 would be a better bet over the Rogue.. Does anyone know if the V2 comes in a 5 string fretted model?
    ~AJ

9. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Never played one, but I do know that cheap basses shouldn't have active electronics, that's usually where the most corners are cut. Cheap electronics really do suck.