1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What case comes with a 2015-2016 American Standard Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vinnie Boombatz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Just bought a NOS '15-'16 American Standard Jazz from a retailer online and it should be here Tuesday. Was told it comes with the fitted Tolex case, but I was under the impression that these basses Coe with the molded TSA case. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Tolex case:

H0eWokb.

jnG51JG.

TSA molded case:

J9l94zF.

cITTeTq.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. Catbuster

Catbuster Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    The TSA moulded case. Really skookum piece of kit.

3. hell_yes

hell_yes

May 6, 2005
    Florida
    I bought mine from Sam Ash back in '15. Came in a tolex case.

4. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    Apparently it does come with the Tolex case. Fender apparently cut ties with SKB in 2015-2015 and those cases were switched to Tolex, then they partnered with Gator at som point and went back to the molded style cases. So for a brief period they were in fact using the Tolex cases for the Americans Standards.

5. Catbuster

Catbuster Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    It must have been for just 2015 then, when I bought my 2016 P it was a TSA case. Interesting.

6. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    You’re probably right, and I’m sure there was a small section of crossover where it was a good up which case you got.

7. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz Banned

May 26, 2010
    You’re probably right, and I’m sure there was a small section of crossover where it was a toss up which case you got.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    gsgbass and Catbuster like this.