1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What case for a Jag?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sedan_dad, Dec 26, 2006.

1. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I have a Jag comming this week and I was wondering which case will it fit in?
    I know my Jazz doesn't fit in my Precision case at all.
    What does the Jag perfer?

2. in would say a jazz style but i only have straight cases so a fender tweed case would do fine (or a rip off of a fender tweed case).

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    The Jag will fit in a Jazz Deluxe case. That's what I have for mine.
    Any generic style Fender Jazz DeLuxe case should fit. Mine are not Fender made cases.

TD

4. D-Bone

D-Bone

Jul 5, 2006
    I bought an SKB H/S case for my SB Jag from Sam Ash for $119. It seems to secure it well......

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've put mine in every generic case I have and it fits fine.

6. access gig bag! got one for christmas, its a tank, i took it out today. the padding is thick the walls are pvc lined, the fabric is seemiling balistic waterproof etc, every high wear area is leather reinforced, and the zippers are huge. this is the stage 5 bag im talking about btw, im sure the others are very similar in quality. www.accessbagsandcases.com email them and ask for a list of their preferred sellers, as well as local sellers. cant be found online or in any chain store. good luck!

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Buy a high quality gigbag. Will fit your bass and any other bass you buy down the road. Incase, undercover, etc

Rob

8. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    What doesn't fit is one of those Musician's Friend Vintage Tweed cases. I ordered one and it was too narrow and had to send it back. I replaced it with a Gator standard molded case, and it fits perfectly.

9. i got my tweed case from a music shop on ebay (from germany) and it fits fine, i think any case that suits a jazz bass will be fine.

10. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    A Fender Deluxe Jazz case fits perfectly. Viva la Tweed!!! :bassist:

DCP_14.

11. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I perfer the Fender hard shell cases.A gig bag wouldn't survive the back of the van.The Fender cases look so much better than the generic ones.I wonder why Fender doesn't make a specific case for the Jag.
    The Jag is arriving via "Brown Truck" today.I guess I'll see for myself.

12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Hope Brown don't lose your bass as they did one of mine last month. Good luck and enjoy your new bass.

I personally don't like gig bags. I've tried them over the years but never felt comfortable transporting any of my basses in them, so I always use a hard shell case.

The generic hard shell cases I use are Fender clones. They look identical but just don't have the Fender logo attached and the ridiculus price. I prefer to keep my cases as non descript as possible and not drawing attention to them so they don't become someones target for theft.

TD

13. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    According to the tracking number ,it's in the area schedualed for delivery.

14. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    They claimed they delivered mine, but the driver didn't get a signature for it. There was someone waiting for it, but they never showed up other than to drive right by without stopping.

Needless to say, i'm now out a $5k irreplaceable vintage bass and starting their stupid claims process. I will NEVER use UPS again!!!!!

Until the claims process has been completed i'm not going to say what I know happened to it.

That's why I made the comment above.

But enjoy your new Jaguar Bass. It's Fender's best effort in years IMO.

TD

15. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Here's a photo of one of my Jag's and its generic hard shell case.

[​IMG]

It cost me half the price of the Fender version.

TD