I take fairly good care of my instruments, but for some reason, the ground on my guitar went bad. I mean, all I get is low hum, unless I stick the whammy bar to the input on the instrument cable. Then it's grounded and produces guitar like noises. And now, the wiring on my Dean (almost 2 years old) is going. I have to smack it to get it to work.... and I've tried different cables. What gives? What makes wiring "go bad"... I changed the battery on my dean... same deal... I ask this as a general question mostly.