1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what chorus pedal can give me this sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Ethanator, Sep 23, 2008.

1. about 3:06 in. its a really trippy vibrato-esque sound. im not looking to spend more than $100 with light use. as far as my chorus selection goes, im mainly looking at the digitech bass multichorus, boss ceb-3, and the ehx clone theory (newer version, 3 knobs). the demos on the digitech website dont show much change in the 'speed' control. is that the knob that will give me what i want? if anyone has one of these pedals (preferably the digitech), could you do me a favor and try seeing if you can get a sound similar to that? if you can, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    Analog Man is a verrrrrrry unique sound and they're pretty much the standard in chorus pedals so anything that you get close to it with probably won't sound as good. With that being said, I have a ceb-3 and it's great, I can get close to that sound, but it'll never truly sound like an Analog Man.

3. yeah, i dont expect to be able to truly exactly repliacte the sound of a $200 pedal with a <$100 substitute. that sound is actually a SLIGHT exageration of what i would use. id mainly be using that sound for when i play stoner metal

4. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    IIRC the Analogman Clone is a re-do (granted a significant re-do) of the EHX Small Clone, so I'd start there. I have a Small Clone, and I can get pretty close to that sound with the depth switch up, and the speed cranked near maximum. And its under $100. I'm not talking about the Clone Theory, either, that is a different pedal with a completely different sound IMHO.