What class should I take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by whiteshadow, Jan 14, 2004.

1. whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    I'm a premed biochem major in my 2nd semester in college. i've realized that calc 2 is wicked hard and i just can't do it, so i'm switching my major to premed biology where i won't have to take calc 2. this, however, leaves me in a predicament: dropping calc drops me to only 11 hours and i need 12 to be a full time student. i can't think of any class i want to take that's available. i'm pretty sure all guitar-type classes are filled, and i'm also pretty sure there's no bass class at all. anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated. i go to Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. Have a great day. thanks
  2. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Why are you a bio major? What field do you hope to get a job in?

IMO the sciences, all of them, are precise fields. People who work there need to know fancy math because that's how you learn to formulate very precise ideas.

If you want to get a bio job like designing drugs or cloning my dog, I'd ask you to suck it up and learn calc 2 so you don't screw up and create a drug w/ side-effects or give my dog an extra nad. If you want to go into some other kind of job, I'd say change your major.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Underwater basketweaving? Wallet making 101?

Take this opportunity to fulfill another one of your gen eds. I know a few people who got bit in the ass when they tried to graduate and found out they were 1 Humanities credit short of making it. Best to get them out of the way early!
  4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

OK...just my opinion here....

**** the Bio major unless you're GENUINELY interested in Biology. Just because you're Pre-Med does NOT mean you have to major in something science-based. Take a class that INTERESTS you. Like photography? Take a photography class. If you can't find a class that really INTERESTS you, find a class that you HAVE to take no matter what and go ahead and get it out of the way.

Just the opinion of a fellow pre-med college student.