Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What College do you go to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tomfouts, Feb 22, 2006.

1. tomfouts

tomfouts

Jan 4, 2006
    Boston, MA
    The title speaks for itself

I im still a sophmore in highschool but now that my sister (a junior) is looking into colleges and I am going on tours with her, i have learned a little.

I am interested in business so I visited Bryant University in Rhode Island today and now i just cant wait for college! the place is amazing and so professional. It doesnt even look like a school, it looks like an office with the stock market on TV's here and there, meetings in big rooms, people in suits...etc.

I also went to Providence College and Roger Williams University....................they got owned by Bryant.

I am also going to check out Bentley this week. We will see how that goes....

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Well I go to CEGEP, which is some stupid thing that only Quebec has. It's between university and highschool. We call it college. I go to Vanier College in St-Laurent.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  4. Comunity College of Rhode Island

RAWK!!!!!

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Rowan University in Glassboro NJ

6. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm currently and EE major at the University of Texas.

And as far as business we have the McComb's School one of the top in the nation like most stuff at UT including parties.

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Vassar College, Poughkeepsie New York.

8. Taking classes at Cornell this semester, but I've attended both University at Buffalo and American University. I'll be officially transferring to George Washington University next semester.

9. Cabrillo College! Representing Santa Cruz County!

10. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia

-jimbo

11. University of Wisconsin-Superior

Quick UWS trivia, Arnold Schwarzenegger graduated UWS with a business degree

12. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    NYU, music composition.

13. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Cégep is pretty lame, and you'll FULLY realize that as soon as you hit university. Cuz even if you think it's lame now, you won't believe it in a year or two.

I'm currently at L'École Polytechnique de Montréal, which is basically L'Université de Montréal's engineering faculty. I used to be at McGill in engineering. Transfer issues...:rolleyes:

I prefered McGill though, it's a sweet place...

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Mississippi State University. Chem E major.

15. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I'm planning on going to McGill (probably engineering). I'm in my second semester of Pure and Applied Science at Vanier.

16. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa

I go to Ramapo College of New Jersey. I'm a Bio____ major (insert chemistry, logy, whateverz). Let me know what you think of Bentley. My best friend Pete goes there and I visited him there last week. Personally, I thought the place was a joke. It seems that there is an overemphasis on drinking/Greek life, as well as general screwing around and not doing anything productive. The small classroom size and "free" laptops aren't really unique to $40,000/year private schools, but eh...

17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    WWU - Western Washington University

It is a cool college if you're into the liberal arts. It is similar to Evergreen, but not quite as 'far out'. At WWU, I haven't been very impressed with the music department. The community college I went to had much more to offer for electric bass players and bass players into things besides legit. Fairhaven College (within WWU) gives students a lot of freedom and offers some very interesting courses (i.e. The Native American Experience, Audio Recording, Death and Dying, Folk Music Experience). The education program suppose to be really good. WWU is also a good place to go if you live in Washington and want a degree in African History.

The city of Bellingham is pretty cool if you don't mind a bunch of pot-smoking, college-attending Bob Marley fans. Very laid back.

18. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

19. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Hook'em!

I'm a UT grad in EE. How do you like it? I'm planning to come back in the fall for my master's.

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA.
    Business Management Major
    Music Performance Minor
    www.moravian.edu