Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What color do you like better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Aug 5, 2005.

1. White with Tort or Black Pickguard.

115 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. Sage Green Metallic with White or W/ Perloid Pickguard.

53 vote(s)
    31.5%
  1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Im just wondering is all, I went looking at sam ash today for a used bass to buy, they had none I wanted, an epiphone thunderbird I'd like to talk more about later on, was the only used bass I'd consider from them. Anyways I just saw these two color patterns and was just curious witch you like more.

Now, regarding the epiphone, this bass sells for 300-350 dollars if im not mistaken? Well Sam Ash, (Scam Cash as I've heard it called on hear) was selling a used epi for 500 dollars. My jaw dropped when I saw that. Never will I buy anything from them.

2. there are choices within the choices

I'll go black and white, tort looks better on a sunburst

imo

3. I like white with a tort pickgard...

or

black with a tort pickgard...

or

white...

or

black...

I cant decide :crying: :D

4. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    I know there are choices within the choices, there bassicly the same in my mind. Like white and white perloid, no one would notice a diffrence unless staring at it a few feet away. And Tort and Black look the same at certain angles.

5. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    A little off the mark here, but I saw a used Roscoe Beck-V at a store here in the islands recently. It was in excellent condition, and had a price of $750. Believe me! I was sorely tempted. Trouble was, it's Teal Green Metallic... yeeech! :spit: No offense to anyone else who likes that color, but I couldn't do it. I even thought about buying the axe and finding me a craftsman to change the color for me. However, I figured that would drive the price up to the point where buying a new RB-V would make more sense.

Maybe I'm too picky, but that color just looks awful to me...

6. Yes but the sage green is a great colour, definately one of my favourites!

7. Have you ever seen a white precision with a white pearloid?

Man...

8. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Can't say as I have. However, I'm jonesing for a White Ray-V with Matching Headstock, Maple Fingerboard... and... a White Pearloid Pick Guard... :eek: When I scrape together the $$$ and plop it down for this work of art, I'll just have to call her: Angel... :smug:

http://www.ernieball.com/musicman/instrument_images/large/150/150-02-11-05.jpg

If that link posts okay (I am such a computer incompetent...), then you just might understand my lust... ;)

9. G-Man

G-Man Keeping it Solid

Jun 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    Yeah! Then you can get a white belt and some white shoes to match :D . Sorry, just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Actually, that is a georgous bass. I really like the white pickup.

10. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    No problemo! However, you gotta consider this: I was in my 20s back in the '70s, and what's so significant about the '70s? DISCO!!!!! So, me and my bandmates back then had to compete against THAT for people's entertainment buck... Who knows? Maybe some of that disco influence is creeping its way out of the deepest folds in my brain matter with my desire for that Ray-V color scheme... :eek: and, yes, I will confess to any other TB'er that happens to stumble across this... I do, indeed, have a pair of white pants AND a white belt. So now I've been outed! :bag:

11. I hate green basses. :p I learned to play on a cats**t-green Aria Pro that I borrowed from a friend. He still takes that awful-looking thing out on stage....Yech. :meh: (Sorry, Mike! :D )

12. G-Man

G-Man Keeping it Solid

Jun 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    I too was in my 20's during the '70s, and also competed against the dreaded Disco, but I refuse to wear a white belt. Besides, at our age we should be buying Sans-a-belt. :D :crying: :eek:

13. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    The Sage Green W/Perloid looks great. I'd go with that.

14. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!