1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What color do you think is best for a 1st-2nd gen P bass body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheOriginalName, Nov 13, 2018.

1. TheOriginalName

TheOriginalName

May 28, 2018
    I’m considering selling my gaming equipment to fund a warmoth build. I know I want to do a P bass, and I know I like the following finishes on the standard P bass.

Black Hardware:
    Natural
    Transparent White
    Black

Gold Hardware & Tort Pick-guard:
    Vintage White
    Natural

Also gold hardware on black.

While these look nice to me, I wanted to hear your opinions and suggestions.
    Please post them below.

(Roasted maple necks by the way).

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    My favorite combo is:

Black body
    B/w/b pick guard
    Chrome hardware
    Maple fingerboard with black dot inlays

murmur70 likes this.
  3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    What are you using now?

4. My 2 faves would have chrome hardware and a rosewood board. One would be transparent or Mary Kay white with a gold pickguard. The other would be black with black 3 ply pickguard.

5. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    '78 P-Bass-2.JPG I'm kind of partial to this; 3TB lacquer finish, with a cream/black/cream pick guard. This is my '78 P-Bass, and I had a Warmoth 30" Mini-P built early last year that looks just like it.. :thumbsup:

6. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I’m doing a Warmoth P build with Lake Placid Blue body, tort guard, roasted flame maple neck. Chrome hardware.

7. TheOriginalName

TheOriginalName

May 28, 2018
    Yeah, I like those, but I’m debating to do that body style or the early 59s style with the single coil. I’m getting into mike watt and sting and the bass between those artists is pretty great.