Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What color is this pickguard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by devain21to7, Jun 23, 2004.

1. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    I recently had to put my beloved Thunderbird in the shop , its badly damaged. So I bought a Fender American Jazz bass. It is Sunburst with a white pickguard, but I saw a Jbass on TV that was Sunburst and had a pickguard that looked like the one in the pic below. So what Im asking is , exactly what color would you call that pickguard, and where can I buy one to fit a Fender American Jazz bass

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
  3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
  4. devain21to7

devain21to7

Jun 5, 2004
    sippi
    Well that looks like it , but if this helps , its the same pickguard thats on John Paul Jones's Jazz bass on most of the Led Zeppelin Live DVD.

5. lull&smooth

lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    the color is tortoise red you can get it or order it anywhere but all they make it for is a 62 jazz bass with 11 holes but it still fits cuz there is a hole in the middle but who cares about holes, jaco played with 11 holes in his bass it doesnt matter itl fit perfectly. i got a black one though looks better to me cuz mine has a laquer finish.

6. That's tortoise shell. Red tortoise is much redder.