1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What color strings? (Photoshop, maybe?)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by oniman7, Aug 17, 2012.

1. I have an EBMM Stingray 5 and I'm looking to put some DR Neons on it for stage appeal. It's a natural finish. I don't have a picture handy, so here's one I found on the internet:

it looks exactly like the one in the middle. Maybe someone could photoshop the different color strings on there?

Or just comments are welcome as well. I'm sure most of them would look cool.

http://forums.ernieball.com/attachm...ingray-its-way-canadas-arctic-stingrays-2.jpg

2. el basso

el basso Supporting Member

are those DR Invisibles? ;)

3. I gotcha. Link's in now. I always manage to forget that.

4. logans59

logans59

Jul 1, 2012
    Kennesaw, GA
    Personally, I'd put Black Beauties on it. I think it would look great with the PG

5. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    Natural and black are pretty neutral colors. You could string it up with just about any color and it would look fine though I would probably lean toward green.

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I couldnt get used to how neons looked on light colored (natural maple and mahogany) bass I had. Just doesnt have the appeal they do to me on dark color basses. Esp black & dark blue. So I will 2nd the vote for black beauties instead.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    I would say that any bass with a natural wood on the body there are only three choices:

Black, chrome(Bare metal) or gold.

On a bass with a black body you could use anything. :) Red looks especially good on black basses.

All this is just my opinion, of course. :)

8. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    Black beauties all the way on that one. Don't think neons would look that great. YMMV

9. I have a theory that neon strings on stage in a town like mine will increase our recognizability, fan interaction, and even the way they remember the show. I do think Black Beauties would be awesome, but not quite ostentatious enough, if you catch my drift