1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What color?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rygelxvi, May 13, 2003.

1. Sky Blue

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Chrome Red

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. 3-tone Sunburst

35 vote(s)
    51.5%
  4. Black

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Which color should i get for my new american jazz bass with rosewood fretboard? my current one is aqua marine matalic (blue) with maple fretboard.

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I think that this is very subjective, and obviously nobody has the same tastes as you do.

But before I finish and be of no help at all, let me just say that I have a fetish for red jazz basses:D :smug:

:ninja: :D

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I said red, but sunburst would be good too.

4. I'm personally partial to sunburst on a jazz with a rosewood fretboard, but red would definately be my second choice.

5. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Well normally I wouldn't ask such a question. But this is my backup so It's not so important. The other reason is I'm not really blow away by any of the colors fender is offering. Not like when I got my other one. Not only did I love the color but it was discounted because they couldn't move that color. What a deal. Anyway it's not like I don't like the colors they have now, they just dont grab me. For a company as big as fender you'd think they'd offer a sh!tload of colors.

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah, I understand.

But as for the sh!tload of colors idea, Fender still has a LOT more than Ibanez. I don't like that about them; "get it in black, or 1 different color." :rolleyes:

But yeah, definitely red for jazzes.:D

7. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Yeah but look at Music Man. Tons of kick @ss colors. Some really outta this world ones too.

8. I would get a red one. It would be a nice contrast to your aqua colored Jazz bass.

9. Sunburst.

I'm going to get a Fender MIM jazz fretless sometime this year (Warwick deal's off :bawl:), and I'm getting that with a sunburst and a white pickguard. I'm not sure what fretboard I'm getting - wouldn't know wood if I ran into it - but it's the darker one; the light ones don't do it for me.

But that's just my $0.02.

10. BONZOBASS

BONZOBASS

May 7, 2003
    i would go 4 the vintage 3 color sunburst, nothing says FENDER JAZZ like a vintage tri color sunburst finish. i like many of the solid colors on p-basses but when i get my 62 re-issue j/bass its gonna be a s/burst body,r/wood frett-board, and a t/shell p-gaurd. to me thats a jazz bass!:bassist:

11. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I like the vintage sunburst look. It's sort of the original and works in any setting.

12. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I LOVE the look of a white jazz with tortoise shell p/g. But just look around, see what really stands out to your eyes. :cool:

Travis

13. Sunburst. Sunburst on any bass or guitar for me.

Mike

14. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Sunburst- It's a classic look.

15. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I said sumburst, because as stated already, vintage vibe all the way. Black would be good too, but that's because black is really the only solid color I like on basses. Transparent anything would be nice, but sunbursts and black on fenders.

16. Red.

If it had block inlays, I'd say go for Sunburst. That's totally old-school. But red.

17. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    A bright shiny chrome red would look slick! My second choice woudl be sky blue. I'm kinda sick of looking at sunburst adn tobacco burst basses- tehy just don't do anything for me. I want a jazz in bright sunshine yellow or traffic-light green myself. :D

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Red guirars and basses are cool. That's the best of the choices you have there.

Green is even better. :)

19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you could go to a store that has all the color options you're looking for, I'd try them all & buy the one that plays best. If all things are equal, I'd take the red one. You already have a blueish bass & I REALLY dislike the Fender sunbursts!!!!!

If you were buying site unseen, RED

20. ibanezman80

ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Canada