Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What color?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rygelxvi, May 13, 2003.

1. Sky Blue

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Chrome Red

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. 3-tone Sunburst

35 vote(s)
    51.5%
  4. Black

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Which color should i get for my new american jazz bass with rosewood fretboard? my current one is aqua marine matalic (blue) with maple fretboard.

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I think that this is very subjective, and obviously nobody has the same tastes as you do.

But before I finish and be of no help at all, let me just say that I have a fetish for red jazz basses:D :smug:

:ninja: :D

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I said red, but sunburst would be good too.

4. I'm personally partial to sunburst on a jazz with a rosewood fretboard, but red would definately be my second choice.

5. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Well normally I wouldn't ask such a question. But this is my backup so It's not so important. The other reason is I'm not really blow away by any of the colors fender is offering. Not like when I got my other one. Not only did I love the color but it was discounted because they couldn't move that color. What a deal. Anyway it's not like I don't like the colors they have now, they just dont grab me. For a company as big as fender you'd think they'd offer a sh!tload of colors.

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah, I understand.

But as for the sh!tload of colors idea, Fender still has a LOT more than Ibanez. I don't like that about them; "get it in black, or 1 different color." :rolleyes:

But yeah, definitely red for jazzes.:D

7. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Yeah but look at Music Man. Tons of kick @ss colors. Some really outta this world ones too.

8. I would get a red one. It would be a nice contrast to your aqua colored Jazz bass.

9. Sunburst.

I'm going to get a Fender MIM jazz fretless sometime this year (Warwick deal's off :bawl:), and I'm getting that with a sunburst and a white pickguard. I'm not sure what fretboard I'm getting - wouldn't know wood if I ran into it - but it's the darker one; the light ones don't do it for me.

But that's just my $0.02.

10. BONZOBASS

BONZOBASS

May 7, 2003
    i would go 4 the vintage 3 color sunburst, nothing says FENDER JAZZ like a vintage tri color sunburst finish. i like many of the solid colors on p-basses but when i get my 62 re-issue j/bass its gonna be a s/burst body,r/wood frett-board, and a t/shell p-gaurd. to me thats a jazz bass!:bassist:

11. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I like the vintage sunburst look. It's sort of the original and works in any setting.

12. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I LOVE the look of a white jazz with tortoise shell p/g. But just look around, see what really stands out to your eyes. :cool:

Travis

13. Sunburst. Sunburst on any bass or guitar for me.

Mike

14. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Sunburst- It's a classic look.

15. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I said sumburst, because as stated already, vintage vibe all the way. Black would be good too, but that's because black is really the only solid color I like on basses. Transparent anything would be nice, but sunbursts and black on fenders.

16. Red.

If it had block inlays, I'd say go for Sunburst. That's totally old-school. But red.

17. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    A bright shiny chrome red would look slick! My second choice woudl be sky blue. I'm kinda sick of looking at sunburst adn tobacco burst basses- tehy just don't do anything for me. I want a jazz in bright sunshine yellow or traffic-light green myself. :D

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Red guirars and basses are cool. That's the best of the choices you have there.

Green is even better. :)

19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you could go to a store that has all the color options you're looking for, I'd try them all & buy the one that plays best. If all things are equal, I'd take the red one. You already have a blueish bass & I REALLY dislike the Fender sunbursts!!!!!

If you were buying site unseen, RED

20. ibanezman80

ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Canada