Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what colour pick guards are on fender 62 ri's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve_man, Oct 20, 2003.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    what colour pick guards are on fender 62 ri's?

I'm wanting to get a new pick guard for my fender geddy lee sig.

I like how the fender 62 ri pickgaurd goes with the black finish. I've also seen it on fender american series guitars and basses.

but I don't know what colour it is. At first I thought it was a very light mint green but now I'm starting to think that it's a antique white.
    I'm still not sure. Any ideas

also where in Canada would be a good place to pick one up (eg. allparts dealers, fender dealers etc.)?

[​IMG]

2. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    here's another...[​IMG]

3. I can tell you that my 99 american vintage series 62 reissue P bass came with what fender refers to as mint green. and yes it is really just a shade of off white or possibly what others call parchment.

4. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Rick: So your saying that parchment is what I'm looking for?

I know that fender also has parchment pick gaurds.

It's in the price list.

But they also have a mint green - not for jazz basses but every thing else.

...see how this can get confusing

Trina: I stress the Country of Canada. Not to mention it can be a pain trying to send to other parts of Canada let alone the US. That's why I'm looking for big common dealers that are in many music stores in Canada and the US (eg. All Parts).

5. Steve_man, my bad, I apologise for not paying closer attention to the Canada request!

The color is parchment though!

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I have had Major Minor in Winnipeg order them in for me. Long and McQuade can also order in Fender pickguards. I think delivery only took a couple of weeks and came in a few dollars less than ordering them online.

Dan :bassist:

7. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I guess I could have done that. Thanks Treena :)

8. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    That's alright people.

You don't need to tell me about stores. That I have agood idea about.

I just need to know the manufacturer and the colour. It might not hurt though to know if either manufacturer is making a better pick guard for the buck.

Thanks for your replies.

9. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    In that case I can say I have been very happy with Fender :). I did try another brand once, can't remember the manufacturer, but the cut was sloppy so I returned it. Had white packaging with red lettering on it. Sorry that isn't more helpful.

10. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    might be all parts

did it look like this...
    [​IMG]

11. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    No it wasn't all parts. More white than red. I'll drop by the store and see what it was. Thanks tho.. :)