What colour WAS my 1972 precision bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoshatRWCMD, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JoshatRWCMD

JoshatRWCMD

Mar 19, 2012
    I just got a 1972 precision bass, and I’m so happy with it.

Fender Precision Bass (Refinished) 1970 - 1983 | Reverb

But I don’t love the colour, and I’ve been told it’s not the original finish. I already swapped out the sacrilegiously cheap scratch plate, but what I’d really love to do is to return this bass to as near as it came out of Fullerton, re-plate the tuners, the works... Here are photos of the neck pocket and pot cavity, does anyone have any guesses as to what colour it might have been? Eventually I’ll bight the bullet and sand a bit of the neck pocket to reveal more, but if I can avoid that for now, I’d feel a lot better.

228F4C9D-29FB-4BDC-8BBC-D8E18E7B2589.jpeg B73EB63B-10BE-4A30-9EA7-931905F62C04.jpeg

2. Like they say “one man’s trash another man’s treasure.” This bass looks awesome just as it is . TO ME. That’s the beauty of ownership. Its yours to do as you please. Carry on and post pics.

Jim C likes this.
  3. JoshatRWCMD

JoshatRWCMD

Mar 19, 2012
    I will do that! Since I put the white scratch plate on it, I’m loving it a lot more...

image.jpg

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021