Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What companies make curved bodies?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jan 23, 2005.

1. I've always loved Spectors and am probably going to get one soon. But, I was curious if there are other companies I should check out that make curved bodies (ex. Spector, Warwick, etc.)

Something about those bodies that just feel right for me.

Ideas?

2. This ergonomic body was originally designed by Ned Steinberger for Spector, then it was inspration for WW, Status and Tune and other builders who made WW clones ( Mayones, Fokus... etc )

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I know this sounds a little crazy, but Warmoth makes all sorts of bodies. From Arch Tops to flat tops and any types of curves and angles inbetween.

4. Jerzy Drozd`s basses have curved bodies, and I think Sukops also have curved bodies. I have heard (not played) both and they`re veeery nice sounding basses...

5. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca

do they make bodies that have curved backs?

6. No, Warmoth doesn't. However, in addition to the Spectors, Warwicks, and Drozd's metioned above, there are several Ibanez models that have curved tops and backs, plus some older Peavey neck-throughs (TL5 and TL6), and David King basses. I'm sure there are others...

Mike

7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Call and ask. I know they make some customs and specials for people. I have seen the work, it is quite well.
    Warmoth

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ibanez has a curved back model. The "something" 900. I can't remember the nomenclature.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    SR900 and SR3000 or 3005,3006.

10. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada